By Santhosh R on Oct 9, 2018 5:14:09 AM
Cloud adoption just keeps on growing and its time to take control. Gartner predicts “By 2021, more than half of global enterprises already using cloud today will adopt an all-in cloud strategy.” Nevertheless, just by moving your workloads to the cloud does not make them more efficient to your business. When you decide to embark on a cloud journey, you need to have a cloud strategy in place.
A cloud strategy defines the business outcomes you are looking for, and how you are going to get there. It also explores your end goals and motivation for adopting cloud. Your deciding factors could be many – cost, innovation, your need for business growth, keep up with your competitors. You also need to define the business outcomes, establish governance and control.
The key component of a cloud strategy is a framework so you can evaluate the benefits and challenges of adopting the cloud approach.
Here’s a six step framework for a successful cloud strategy:
- Identify and understand the key area where cloud can deliver business benefits for your organization
- Plan and optimize your cloud strategy
- Understand common cloud challenges and how to overcome them
- Identify and develop cloud competencies
- Prepare your organization for the shift
- Learn the capabilities of the integrated products that can manage the cloud
Let’s take a look at few cloud computing strategies:
- What type of cloud: A careful consideration should be done while selecting the cloud - Private cloud or public cloud or hybrid. You need to understand and evaluate the pros and cons of each available option.
- Plan your budget: According to what type of cloud you choose to fit your business needs, choose your IT support backbone. You also have to invest in hiring the proper workforce for cloud development.
- Value your options and choose: Most businesses view the cloud as an enabler of process improvement and a means of reducing costs. You need to see what do you want the cloud to accomplish and what your business will gain from the shift?
- Technology: After you have done considering your needs and the budget and resources available for your cloud shift, you need to look at the best technology stack available.
- Choose a right cloud service provider: Most cloud service providers’ offers hosting needs. Keeping in mind your go to market strategy, choose a cloud vendor that is one-stop-shop for all your cloud-based needs.
Trigent can help you develop the right cloud solution to transform your business. Through our Cloud Adoption Maturity Model, we determine the maturity of your organization's cloud adoption.
With our Cloud Advisory Services, we assess your current IT infrastructure, the applications you use, costs and resources. We help you adopt a cloud first strategy and deployment models and then chart out migration road-maps with minimal disruption time.
Derive true business benefits with us. Download our brochure to know more.