Workflow Manager is a multi-tenant host for running and managing Windows Workflow Foundation workflows, and supporting high scale and high density execution. Workflow Manager builds on the Windows Workflow Foundation programming model, run time, and activity library in the .NET Framework.
When you install SharePoint 2013 in your server only 2010 workflows will be available in SharePoint. To work on SharePoint 2013 workflows, you should install and configure the workflow manager in the server.
Given below are the steps to configure your Workflow Manager:
- Ensure you have installed the SharePoint 2013, SQL, Active directory in your server.
- Ensure SharePoint related services are running.
- Install workflow manager and select default values, click finish and exit.To download the file: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=35375
- Install Cumulative updates for workflow manager and service bus.
- Now open workflow manager to configure.
- Give DB name and required details
- Give admin account for configuration.
- Select HTTP
- Give subscription key as configuration key (example: Zebra#@!)
- Click next
- Give same details for service bus configurations.
- Click finish
Go to IIS manager, select workflow management site under `sites’, click on browse 1229: http and note down the Url.
Open workflow management PowerShell and run the following script:
SPsite will be your site collection URL and workflowHostUri will be your workflow manager site Url you just copied in the above steps.
if you get an error, please run Add-PSSnapin and give the name as ” microsoft.sharepoint.powershell.
Then you go ahead and check whether SharePoint 2013 workflow option coming or not in designer. Create one test workflow. If you get the error while publishing below are the troubleshoots.
- Check whether the App Management Service application is created, if not then create the App Management Service application.
- Click on “Configure service application associations” available under the Service Applications section.
- Check whether the App Management Service proxy is added to the default proxy group, if not then add it to the default proxy group.
- Check whether the App Management Service is started, if not then start the service.
- Please refer 🙁http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/anavijai/error-app-management-shared-service-proxy-is-not-installed/) or follow below steps.