Constantly shifting economic conditions has resulted in businesses tightening their IT budgets to control costs and remain competitive. However, while budgets are limited, expectations from IT managers are only growing larger. Most companies today have an online presence, and they need to frequently upgrade and innovate their offerings to stay competitive. This has led to new features, apps, and products being unleashed at a rapid space. There is also an uncompromising world of usability that requires released products and apps to be fault-free. However, the bottom line is, budgets remain controlled.
On-demand testing or Testing as a Service (TaaS) is a realistic option for stringent budgets and tight deadlines. Reliable service providers, who offer on-demand testing, have the capabilities for testing in cloud-based or on-premise environments. More often than not, these providers have a wide array of tools, assets, frameworks, and test environments.
On-demand testing is offered by companies that are confident of taking on the responsibility of transferred ownership. For QA and IT managers, the risks attached to testing and the costs for tools can be assigned to service providers thereby immediately diminishing both risk and added expenditures.
Unlike other services, on-demand testing is demanding in its expectations. Those offering this service cannot afford to escape, bugs, slipped deadlines, and, therefore, the advantages far outweigh the effort involved in sourcing the right partner.
Some of the benefits of On-Demand Testing are:
1. As costs are negotiated and finalized with the partner, the probability of unexpected expenses is brought down considerably. There is a commitment agreed upon and that helps in better budget allocation. There are instances where clients have experienced over 50 percent savings in costs. However, the savings are dependent on the choice of the service provider.
2. Dynamic and scalable testing requirements benefit from on-demand testing, where the partner’s team can depute several test engineers on to the job, reducing testing time drastically. For example, imagine a small number of 3-5 in house engineers who are caught up in multiple projects, to a dedicated team of any number of test engineers focused on a single project. The advantage in terms of time spent can itself become a key advantage.
3. On-demand testing is especially useful for load, performance, and last-mile testing where real-life scenarios need to be created. With real-life test environments at their disposal, service providers are capable of maximizing test coverage and results in limited time frames.
4. Time-to-market can be reduced when partners are involved, as they will help to plan and schedule test cycles without any delays. In such cases, the saved time can be at least 30 percent.
5. Reliable on-demand testing service providers offer standardized infrastructure, frameworks, and pre-configured environments to ensure that configuration errors do not creep in after release.
Trigent’s SwifTest is a pay-as-you-go software testing service that is best suited to gain instant access to qualified professional software testers without any long-term contracts. Trigent will perform end-to-end functional testing of your web or mobile applications. Our service is offered on inclusive environments of mobile devices, operating systems, and browsers – to help you validate your product at a pace faster than traditional outsourced testing service. Our certified testing specialists will ensure all user functions (links, menus, buttons, etc.) are working properly on target devices and browsers. We’ll perform exploratory testing and follow your specified test steps. This Development-QA follow-the-sun model reduces project duration and increases responsiveness. You pay only for the time that you engage our QA engineers/team-as little as one day (8 hours) / a week / or a month.