Challenges in the modern work place:
Recently, we have come across multiple challenges in the modern work place, such as:
- Users work from multiple locations
- Most of the user’s time goes in looking for information
- Failure to coordinate across units and users
- Microsoft project server is too complex or too robust for their needs. So users simply turn to Microsoft excel for managing projects and tasks.
Office 365 Planner is a new project management, enterprise-ready and globally available team collaboration app that lets you assemble team work organize visually and easy to use, assign and update tasks, share files, chat and more.
Conversations in the Planner will be accessible in Outlook 2016, web Outlook and in the Outlook app as well. The Planner is tightly integrated wit
Planners support technical requirements larger organizations demand, including multiple redundant backups, instantaneous recovery and HIPAA, FISMA, ISO27001 and EU Model compliance.
We have options to add members to the plan and that member will be automatically added to Office 365 Group related to that plan.We have charts in Office 365 planner . These charts will display the summary of the tasks visually as shown below
Planner app hosted on the azure environment and developed using Microsoft graph API as shown below:
Office 365 Planner enters a competitive world which includes other softwares like Trello, Atlassian’s JIRA Core and Asana. Planner will fill Microsoft customers’ need for a more lightweight, easy-to-use tool and replacement for SharePoint Tasks, which were removed well ahead of Planner’s initial debut.
Advantages of the Planner when compared to other applications are
- Lightweight and easy-to-use tool.
- Integrated with Office 365 as an online app.
- Enterprise-ready and globally available app.
- Visualization might give planner thumbs up over competitor.
- Cute color-coding to denote task progress.
Some of the new features Microsoft plans to introduce over the next few months are:
- Ability to assign a task to multiple users.
- External user access and assigning task.
- Customizable boards.
- Plan templates.
- Apps for iOS, Android and Windows.